Monday, February 2, 2015

Dispensing the informalities

It's been a year and a month.  Of course it has.  I resolved not to resolve to update this blog with regularity.  I kept my non-resolution!  Yay!  Minor victories!

And I'm very tenuously holding onto any semblance of financial stability.  Still a Ready Reserve, still working the second job occasionally, actually took on a third job with a temp agency getting menial day jobs whenever available.  And I broke an airplane.

...

It still feels like a bad dream I just can't wake up from.  I broke an airplane.  I ran into the side of an aircraft with a bag cart and busted a $58,000 piece of equipment on the side of the plane.  I'm on probation.  I still have my job, but I'm on probation.

2014 probably ended up being the hardest year of my life.  I can't imagine 2015 being worse unless someone dies or something. I'm optimistic that won't be happening.

**************

Anyway, enough about me.  I have an actual New Year's Resolution this year, sort of!  And I'm keeping it so far!

I've resolved to do this:

I've wanted to read more for a while, and I figured this would be as good an excuse to get me going as any.  So I'm a month into it, and I've read six books! Well, I finished one on New Year's Day, but still!

So what I've decided is this: I'm going to actually update this blog as I finish each book.  Being six books in, I've got six book reviews/meditations to do to get caught up.  I don't have the time to get started on that quite yet, but I'll be getting to it as soon as I have some time.

It's nice to be actually accomplishing something.  Heh.

- jdb

No comments:

Post a Comment